Friday, October 27, 2017

18A – Create a Customer Avatar



Prototypical Customer: The hobbies that my prototypical would usually enjoy would be the outdoors, exercising, and the water. Because of the type of activity someone needs to enjoy these hobbies because they all revolve around wakeboarding.  It is a wider customer base because of the amount of people that partake in the sport. They would drive your average Tahoe because this sport isn’t cheap. Some could have children that they are going to buy for or it could be the actual rider. When they are watching tv they will usually watch channels that deal with sport related activities. They also take pride in what they do and want to make sure they get the best option possible. They don’t want to settle for anything less.

After looking at the avatar I feel like I do have a little bit of a connection with them because this is something that I partake in. Because of being active in the sport I feel like some of these opinions were a little biased because I relate to the sport. Also, being around different people involved I can see what these people are like and how they act.   

3 comments:

  1. Hey Will. I also was very similar to my avatar because my idea was something that I based off of my needs. What I never thought of was the idea you mentioned about knowing who your customer is because you tend to be around people involved in what your idea focuses on. This is really great for understanding the market, and while learning more about your customer first hand could be time consumer, it might prove to be a great benefit in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Will,

    I could definitely see the customer avatar you described using your service. I also felt that it was easy, and maybe a little biased, because I am around people that would use my product quite often. I find it interesting that we can form these profiles in our minds about who would use our products and services. I think that because of this assignment we now both have a better idea of who to market our products too.

    Thanks, Zach L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will,

    My avatar was very similar to myself as well. I think that this is because we came up with these business models and so therefore we tend to think about our needs when coming up with ideas. I think that the way you described your avatar is someone i would picture using your product.

    ReplyDelete