Friday, October 13, 2017

13A – Reading Reflection No. 1




              The reading that I chose was The Wright Brothers by David McCullough. While reading this book I was surprised that they got the idea at such a young age from their father. When looking at the Wright Brothers the thing that I admire the most is their determination and willpower to not give up. One thing that I did not like was the fact that they just blew off the facts on the typhoid fever from the water poisoning. There were many cases of typhoid and they did not take any precautions like his sister told him to do. With these two entrepreneurs they were faced with adversity all the time. They were faced with finance issues and having to learn all of the new innovations on their own. Some of the competencies that I saw were determination, hard work, and willpower. A part of the reading that was confusing to me was when the French reporter talks about the different intentions of the flying machine. 

              If I were able to ask the two entrepreneurs’ two questions one would be, what was your thought process when trying to come up with different plans for the flying machine? The second question would be, how much of a role did each person’s input have on your framework? I would ask these questions because I would want to see how everything came together towards the final project.

              When thinking of the entrepreneurs’ opinion of hard work I would think that it would not be hard to them because it was their passion. When you do something that you love the work is not hard because it fascinates you. I would have the same opinion on hard work because when it’s something I’m passionate about nothing is hard.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Will,
    I think it is interesting to read your reading reflection because this was my first choice to read but I was not able too. Owen read this as well and it seems that he enjoyed it too. I think its interesting that you both felt as though for the Wright Brothers it was not “hard work” but more passion. I really like this concept and was said that I didn’t find this to be true with my entrepreneur, Ray Kroc.
    Thanks, Zach L.

    ReplyDelete