Friday, November 3, 2017

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2



1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?

The book that I chose to read was Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker. This was a very interesting book and really learned a lot of good useful material. I feel like the overall theme of the book was knowledge and comparison. This book gave you an understanding of what the correct terms meant and what their purpose is.

2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?

I feel like this book connected the learning in ENT 3003 by reinforcing the information that we have learned and are learning. This gives us other examples and sources to back up the information we have learned. It will give us another viewpoint of a certain topic.

3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?

If I had to come up with an exercise for the class based on the book I would choose making comparison charts of innovation and entrepreneurship. I would also have them come up with lists of each terms functions with reasoning behind their response.

4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?

One thing that really caught my eye when reading the book was a fact about a company. I figured that most medical processes were evenly distributed. But at one point there was a company that control over half the world’s vitamin market.   

2 comments:

  1. Hey Will,

    It sounds like the book you chose to read had a good overall message, and one that we could all benefit from. I like the idea that you had about drawing the comparisons and to do this as an exercise for the class. I feel that this would create a tie between the two that it is sometimes hard to form without help. I read the book about social media and I believe that an exercise involving this would also benefit the class, just like I think yours would as well.

    Thanks, Zach L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Will. I also think that knowing terminology and how it relates to being an entrepreneur is important. The book you read seems to be very interesting in that regard, and the idea to strictly define terms and their purpose, as well as comparing them would be a great exercise for this class. Also, that 'aha' moment really shocked me as well. It just goes to show that if you can find the opportunity, a market can be very large and prosperous.

    ReplyDelete